202 NOMINATION FORM
The Graduate College is now accepting applications from humanities graduate students for Unidel Louise Roselle Collections-Based Research Travel Awards. Individual awards of up to $4500 will be available in Summer 2023 to support students’ research travel to libraries, archives and museums worldwide. Priority consideration will be given to proposals related to doctoral dissertation and master’s thesis research and internship placements (for Art Conservation students).
Applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee.
Students funded in Summer 2023 will be expected to submit a brief report within one month of completing their research travel. They will also be expected to apply to present their scholarship at one of the upcoming year’s Spark! Symposia sponsored by the Graduate College or at an appropriate disciplinary conference/symposium.
2023 APPLICATION DETAILS
DEADLINE: March 17, 2023 at Noon
To be eligible, a student must be pursuing a research area that requires travel to libraries, archives, museums, and similar institutions worldwide to complete their scholarship activities.
To be considered, a student must provide the following information:
- General information – official name, student ID number, graduate program, and UD e-mail address
- Summary of locations proposed to visit as part of the award activities
- 3000-character summary of research plans proposed for Unidel Louise Roselle Collections-Based Research Travel Award, written in a way that someone outside of your discipline will understand and appreciate your contributions to the field
- Travel budget with justification of expenses
- Your current resume/CV
- Support letter from advisor – also written in a way that someone outside of the discipline will understand, this letter should highlight the relevance of your research activities to the field and how the proposed activities are important to your progress toward your graduate degree and preparation for your future career plans. The letter should additionally include a brief mentoring plan that describes how the advisor will be available to support your proposed scholarly activities. You may upload a letter if the faculty is comfortable providing it to you, or you should upload a statement indicating that the faculty member will send the letter directly to Senior Assistant Dean LaRuth McAfee (email@example.com) if that is the faculty member’s preference.