Medical Insurance

The University has contracted with an insurance carrier to offer group coverage for the Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan and the Student Dental Plan for all students at UD. For details on enrollment and levels of coverage, please refer to Medical insurance is mandatory for all international students with F-1 or J-1 visa status. All international students must show in writing that they have coverage from another insurance company that is equal to or better than the minimum levels required by the university, or they must purchase the university-sponsored student plan. The student must contact the Office of International Students and Scholars at the University of Delaware if they wish to waive coverage.

Enrollment for Graduate Students is now open.

*Note: Students who enroll by September 15 are covered beginning September 1. Students may enroll up to September 30, but if they enroll after September 15 they are only covered beginning the day they enroll.


  1. U.S. students who choose to enroll are to do so on-line at Office of Risk Management. The FUNDED GRADUATE enrollment forms are now available.
  2. International students are directly billed for the Blue Plan on their student bill. If these students choose to add the Gold Plan or wish to purchase the Dental Insurance, etc., they need to go on-line at to do so.
Share This