2020-2021 APPLICATION FORM
Unidel Recruiting Grants
Call for Proposals
The Graduate College is announcing an open call for proposals (up to $5,000) to support department or program-wide recruiting activities that aim to increase the diversity and quality of our graduate and professional students. This funding is intended to enhance the visibility of UD as a premier destination for graduate and professional education, and create more opportunities to demonstrate our commitment to excellence in graduate and professional education.
Funding will support innovative department or program-wide student events and/or recruiting fairs, faculty travel to recruiting events, or other novel proposals for student recruitment.
Funding for fee waivers will be considered for recruiting students to whom any of the following apply:
- Membership in racial/ethnic groups historically underrepresented in your discipline (e.g., African American, Asian American, Latina/o/x, Hispanic American, Native American/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander)
Documented disability or chronic medical conditions
- Evidence of financial need; e.g., current or former Pell Grant eligibility, participation in federal TRIO programs, or participation in other programs that are for students who can document low income status
- First-generation college student (e.g., one whose parent(s) have a high school diploma as their highest level of education)
- Unexpected extenuating personal circumstances/hardships that impacted the student’s ability to dedicate complete attention to their academics for one or more terms
- Students interested in applying to a paying masters program.
Submissions will be accepted immediately and continue contingent on availability of funding.
Proposals can be submitted using the form below. Budgets up to $5,000 will be considered, though smaller proposals are welcome. Departmental and/or external grant cost-sharing is encouraged. Interested parties may address questions to Lou Rossi, Vice Provost for Graduate and Professional Education, Dean of the Graduate College.
Funding for this initiative was provided by the Unidel Foundation, Inc.
Funding is available immediately, and must be used by June 2021.