Delaware INBRE Summer Scholars Program
The Delaware INBRE Summer Scholars Program is an undergraduate summer research program sponsored through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) – National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) through funding to the Delaware INBRE program. In a partnership with six state institutions, including Christiana Care Health System, Delaware Technical Community College, Delaware State University, Nemours/A.I. duPont Hospital for Children, the University of Delaware and Wesley College, selected undergraduate students are able to carry out independent research projects while studying full-time under a mentor to gain knowledge of research techniques and making unique scholarly or original impacts to the biomedical sciences.
Please contact Linda Polasko with any questions
- Are enrolled full-time as a rising sophomore or above
- Delaware resident or attend Delaware college/university
- Are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Unofficial Transcript
- 1 letter of recommendation (submitted electronically through the application by the person giving the recommendation)
- Essay :
Your personal essay should be 300 – 600 words, and describe the following:
1) When you think of research, what comes to mind? Include your previous research experiences, if any, and tell us if you have worked /are currently working with your first choice INBRE mentor 2) Describe your educational and career goals and what inspires you to pursue these educational/career goals? 3) Explain how an internship with Delaware INBRE would help you succeed in your educational and/or career goals. 4) Are there any special circumstances related to your academic record that you feel we should know about?
- You will be asked to list your top 3 mentor choices from those listed under research opportunities.
March 1, 2019
Note from the Coordinator:
Scholars will be required to sign an agreement adhering to all terms and conditions of the program. Underrepresented minority groups and veterans are especially encouraged to apply. Regional summer opportunities also are available in Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire & Rhode Island. Contact the Delaware INBRE education office at email@example.com, for more information.