Biomechanical Engineering Foundations in Impactful Research, Science and Technology (BE FIRST) Program
An Opportunity to Work in a State-of-the-Art Biomechanics Research Lab on an Independent Project.
The Center for Biomechanical Engineering Research (CBER) at the University of Delaware offers a comprehensive Research Experience for Undergraduates who “Dare to BE FIRST” which will establish Biomechanical Engineering Foundations in Impactful Research, Science and Technology (BE FIRST). We will take advantage of faculty expertise in osteoarthritis research to train qualified minority undergraduate students in essential research skills for biomedical engineering.
The 2020 Application will be available Dec. 2019
- Sophomore or junior in STEM program
- Cumulative GPA > 3.0
- US citizen, US national or permanent resident of the US
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have demonstrated an interest in biomechanical engineering through their curriculum choices or extracurricular activities
- an updated resume of applicant
- application form including preferred research areas
- an explanation (250 words) of why participating in undergraduate research is important to the student’s career goals
- letter of recommendation
March 29, 2019
$5,000 stipend for each student, University housing supplement
Note from the Coordinator:
After Admission Students will submit a description (250 words) of the proposed research project related to the REU theme, written by the student, typically in collaboration with the matched faculty research advisor.