2019-2020 NOMINATION FORM
University Dissertation Fellowship
Departments and programs are invited to submit names and dossiers of University Dissertation Fellow nominees to the Office of Graduate and Professional Education. These awards were established by the Office of the Provost to support PhD students completing a dissertation. Dissertation Fellowship awards are competitive and are selected by a faculty review committee. Students who are nominated must be in candidacy by February 18, 2019. Students receiving this fellowship will be expected to report on their research at the Spring 2020 Graduate Research Forum.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 3, 2018
Fellowship begins on July 1, 2019.
Complete the form below and submit a letter of nomination from the department chairperson or program director, dissertation advisor’s evaluation letter, nominee’s c.v. and two-page essay. All supporting documents must be combined as a single PDF and uploaded with the completed application.
Submit as a single pdf in the following order:
- Completed nomination form for each nominee.
- A letter of nomination for each nominee from either the chairperson of the department or the director of the graduate program that describes the accomplishments and suitability of the nominee for this award.
- An evaluation letter by the student’s dissertation adviser of the nominee’s academic progress, work plan and likelihood of completion of the dissertation by no later than July 2020.
- The c.v. of the nominee, including a listing of publications authored or coauthored, conference presentations and other professional accomplishments and activities.
- A two-page essay by the nominee describing his/her plans for completing the dissertation in 2019-2020.
Nomination Form Now Closed
Submit all supporting documentation as a single PDF.
Your application may not be considered if supporting documentation is not submitted as one continuous document.