IMPORTANT: Applicants should request all official test scores be reported directly to the University of Delaware. Please know that the ETS University of Delaware institution code is “5811.” YOU ONLY NEED TO SUBMIT THE UNIVERSITY CODE OF 5811. NO DEPARTMENT CODE IS NEEDED FOR OUR INSTITUTION.
UPDATE – As testing centers have closed due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), the University of Delaware will temporarily accept the virtual ‘GRE at Home‘ from ETS and the ‘GMAT Online‘ from GMAC. The virtual English proficiency tests – ‘TOEFL at Home’ exam from ETS and the ‘IELTS Indicator’ from the British Council and ‘iTEP Academic-Plus‘ will also be accepted for a one year pilot period.
GRE Test Scores
The most important thing to know about the GRE at the University of Delaware is that it is an admission requirement set by the graduate programs themselves. If you would like to know whether your particular program of interest requires a GRE and/or what scores they consider acceptable for consideration, please check the program’s website.
*GRE test scores are only valid for five years.
GMAT test scores (if required)
For Applicants: View the GMAT® Program Code List or request for official test scores online at mba.com. GRE & GMAT test scores are only valid for five years from the test date until the date your application is received. Waiver of these tests can only be made by a request from the faculty admission committee to the central graduate admissions office at the time of acceptance.
For Graduate Programs: The Next Generation GMAT contains a new section called Integrated Reasoning (IR). Only the IR component has a “new” reference scale, so no new concordance table will be needed for the other components.
*GMAT test scores are only valid for five years.
TOEFL/IELTS Test Scores
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is the standard University requirement to show proof of English language proficiency. The University of Delaware sets the following minimum scores:
|TOEFL IBT:||Minimum score 79 (100 for some programs)
– Minimum Speaking score of 18
|TOEFL paper-based:||Minimum score of 550 (600 for some programs)
– Separate evaluation for Speaking Proficiency required
- TOEFL scores are valid for two (2) years. Official scores are only marked as received when received directly from ETS. The ETS University of Delaware code is 5811.
- Some graduate programs will accept IELTS in place of the TOEFL. Please check with your department of interest.
- The minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score is 6.5 overall with no individual Speaking sub-score below 6.0.
- IELTS scores can be sent electronically or by hard copy to the University of Delaware Office of Graduate Admissions (please do not mail to the department):
Electronic Address: 108 Computing Center, S Chapel Street, 19716
Hard Copy Address: 234 Hullihen Hall, Newark DE, 19716
*NOTE: Applicants must score 100 or higher on the TOEFL or the equivalent on the IELTS to be considered as a Teaching Assistant.