University of Delaware
Office of Graduate and Professional Education
Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting
DEADLINE: September 27, 2017
Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) is privileged to provide funding to support graduate students to attend the annual meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany. This year, they are soliciting graduate student nominations in the fields of physiology and medicine to attend the 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting to be held June 24 – June 29, 2018.
- ORAU member institutions may nominate two students per university.
- The internal UD deadline for nominations is September 27, 2017 at 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time. Send all materials to Leigh Botner (email@example.com).
Selected students will have the opportunity to attend formal lectures and informal meetings with Nobel Laureate scientists and peers from around the world.
Information on past meetings is available at http://www.orau.org/lindau.
Assuming ORAU funding becomes available as anticipated, nominations will be accepted for eligible candidates who:
- Are U.S. citizens and are currently enrolled at a member university as full-time graduate students;
- Have completed by June 2018 at least two academic years of graduate studies toward a doctoral degree in the disciplines of physiology, medicine, or a related discipline; and
- Are planning a dissertation/thesis defense no earlier than January 1, 2019.
ORAU is seeking nominations for a diverse group of students including, women, minorities and people with disabilities. Students must show a genuine interest in science and research; display a strong commitment to the field of physiology/medicine; and be well-rounded individuals who can converse with scientists and peers in a meaningful way.
The competitive selection process for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting occurs in three phases, starting with university nominations.
If you have any questions or need further information, please email Leigh Botner (firstname.lastname@example.org)