University of Delaware
Office of Graduate and Professional Education
FUNDING TYPE: UD Internal Graduate Assistantship
DEADLINE: June 30, 2017
ACCEPTING FROM: April 3, 2017
ACCEPTING UNTIL: June 30, 2017
As a Graduate Assistant, Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting three full- time staff for 20 hours per week (10 hours with the Systems & Data Analyst and the Director of Graduate Services Operations and 10 hours with the Associate Vice Provost for Graduate and Professional Education). The working hours need to be between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM.
In this graduate assistantship, you will work with enterprise software technologies including PeopleSoft student management system, the Slate admissions/customer management system and Qualtrics. You will receive progressive training as projects dictate. Projects will be data-related and may include supporting benchmarking reports.
STIPEND: $18,000, September 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018
· Bachelor’s degree in technology related field.
· Two years of database query tool and software configuration.
· Intermediate to Advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
· Intermediate to Advanced use of Qualtrics.
· Excellent skills in Word, database, query tools, presentation software, Internet usage.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills to work with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people and handle interactions/concerns with professionalism.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Willingness to ask questions and learn how to advance and acquire new technical skills as needed.
· Maintain accuracy as a priority in work assigned.
· Experience with formulas, macros and pivot tables strongly preferred.
· Experience with VLOOKUP in Excel, SQL and XML.
· Extensive knowledge in use and structure of databases and spreadsheets software; Broad experience with relational database management required, including proficiency in SQL, HTML, Python, COGNOS, ARGOS, or other report writing and querying tools. Strong skill and ability to provide report information in spreadsheet, graph, and table format;
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent certificate of competency, supplemented by two years of college with course work in information sciences; or three (3) years of experience in a wide scope of modern data management procedures and practices, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
For more information contact: Elizabeth Salisbury