- Applicants should request all official test scores be reported directly to the University of Delaware. Please know that the ETS University of Delaware institution code is “5811.” YOU ONLY NEED TO SUBMIT THE UNIVERSITY CODE OF 5811. NO DEPARTMENT CODE IS NEEDED FOR OUR INSTITUTION.
GRE Test Scores
The most important thing to know about the GRE at the University of Delaware is that it is an admission requirement set by the graduate programs themselves. If you would like to know whether your particular program of interest requires a GRE and/or what scores they consider acceptable for consideration, please check the program’s website.
*GRE test scores are only valid for five years.
GMAT test scores (if required)
For Applicants: View the GMAT® Program Code List or request for official test scores online at mba.com. GRE & GMAT test scores are only valid for five years from the test date until the date your application is received. Waiver of these tests can only be made by a request from the faculty admission committee to the central graduate admissions office at the time of acceptance.
For Graduate Programs: The Next Generation GMAT contains a new section called Integrated Reasoning (IR). Only the IR component has a “new” reference scale, so no new concordance table will be needed for the other components.
*GMAT test scores are only valid for five years.
TOEFL/IELTS Test Scores
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is the standard University requirement to show proof of English language proficiency. The University of Delaware sets the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL scores are valid for two (2) years. Official scores are only marked as received when received directly from ETS. The ETS University of Delaware code is 5811.
|TOEFL paper-based:||Minimum score of 550 (600 for some programs)|
|TOEFL IBT:||Minimum score 79 (100 for some programs)|
- Some graduate programs will accept IELTS in place of the TOEFL. Please check with your department of interest.
- The minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score is 6.5 overall with no individual sub-score below 6.0.